42. Y-R. Jo+, B. Koo+, M-J Seo, J. K. Kim, S. Lee, K. Kim, J. W. Han, W. Jung* and B-J. Kim*
"Growth kinetics of individual Co particles ex-solved on SrTi0.75Co0.25O3-δ polycrystalline perovskite thin films" J. Am. Chem. Soc. (2019) 141, 16, 6690-6697 [click]
41. Y. Choi+, S. K. Cha+, H. Ha+, S. Lee, H. K. Seo, J. Y. Lee, H. Y. Kim*, S. O. Kim* and W. Jung*
"Unravelling inherent electrocatalysis of mixed-conducting oxide activated by metal nanoparticle for fuel cell electrodes" Nature Nanotechnology (2019) [click]
40. B. Kayaalp+, S. Lee+, K. Klauke, J. Seo, L. Nodari, A. Kornowski, W. Jung* and S. Mascotto*
"Template-free mesoporous La0.3Sr0.7Ti1-xFexO3±δ for CH4 and CO oxidation catalysis" Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 245 (2019) 536-545. [click]
39. N. W. Kwak, S. J. Jeong, H. G. Seo, S. Lee, Y. Kim, J. K. Kim, P. Byeon, S.-Y. Chung and W. Jung*
"In situ synthesis of supported metal nanocatalysts through heterogeneous doping" Nature Communications, 9 (2018) 4829 [click]
38. B. Koo+, K. Kim+, J. K. Kim+, H. Kwon, J. W. Han*, and W. Jung*
"Sr segregation in perovskite oxides: Why it happens and how it exists"
Joule, 2 (2018) 1476-1499. [click]
- Invited review-
-B. Koo, K. Kim and J. K. Kim contributed equally to this work-
37. B.-K. Park+, H. G. Seo+, W. Jung*, J.-W. Lee*
"Perovskite oxide-based nanohybrid for low-temperature thin-film solid oxide fuel cells fabricated via a facile and scalable electrochemical process"
Ceramics International, 44 (2018) 18727-18735. [click]
-B.-K. Park and H. G. Seo contributed equally to this work-
36. Y. Kim, S. J. Jeong, B. Koo, S. Lee, N. W. Kwak, W. Jung*
"Study of the surface reaction kinetics of (La,Sr)MnO3-δ oxygen carriers for solar thermochemical fuel production"
Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 6 (2018) 13082-13089. [click]
35. J.-Y. Kang, J. Jang, W.-T. Koo, J. Seo, Y. Choi, M.-H. Kim, D.-H. Kim, H.-J. Cho, W. Jung, and I.-D. Kim*
"Perovskite La0.75Sr0.25Cr0.5Mn0.5O3-δ sensitized SnO2 fiber-in-tube scaffold: highly selective and sensitive formaldehyde sensing"
Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 6 (2018) 10543-10551. [click]
34. J. Seo, S. Lee, B. Koo, and W. Jung*
"Controlling the size of Pt nanoparticles with a cationic surfactant, CnTABr"
CrystEngComm, 20 (2018) 2010-2015. [click]
33. H. G. Seo, Y. Choi, and W. Jung*
"Exceptionally enhanced electrode activity of (Pr,Ce)O2-δ-based cathodes for thin-film solid oxide fuel cells"
Advanced Energy Materials, 8 (2018) 1703647. [click]
-Inside Front Cover-
32. H.-S. Kim, H. B. Bae, W. Jung, and S.-Y. Chung*
"Manipulation of nanoscale intergranular phases for high proton conduction and decomposition tolerance in BaCeO3 polycrystals"
Nano Letters, 18 (2018) 1110-1117. [click]
31. S. J. Jeong, N. W. Kwak, P. Byeon, S.-Y. Chung, and W. Jung*, "Conductive nature of grain boundaries in nanocrystalline stabilized Bi2O3 thin-film electrolyte"
ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 10 (2018) 6269-6275. [click]
30. B. Koo+, H. Kwon+, Y. Kim, H. G. Seo, J. W. Han*, and W. Jung*
"Enhanced oxygen exchange of perovskite oxide surfaces through strain-driven chemical stabilization"
Energy & Environmental Science, 11 (2018) 71-77. [click]
-B. Koo and H. Kwon contributed equally to this work-
29. J. Oh, J. D. Yoo, K. Kim, H. J. Yun, W. Jung, and J. Bae
"Negative effects of dopants on copper-ceria catalysts for CO preferential oxidation under the presence of CO2 and H2O"
Catalysis Letters, 147 (2017) 2987-3003. [click]
28. K. Kim+, J. D. Yoo+, S. Lee, M. Bae, J. M. Bae, W. Jung*, and J. W. Han*
"A simple descriptor to rapidly screen CO oxidation activity on rare-earth metal doped CeO2: from experiment to first-principles"
ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 9 (2017) 15449-15458. [click]
-K. Kim and J. D. Yoo contributed equally to this work-
27. S. Ji+, H. G. Seo+, S. Lee, J. Seo, Y. Lee, W. H. Tanveer, S. W. Cha, and W. Jung*
"Integrated design of a Ni thin-film electrode on a porous alumina template for affordable and high-performance low-temperature solid oxide fuel cells"
RSC Advances, 7 (2017) 23600–23606. [click]
-S. Ji and H.G. Seo contributed equally to this work-
26. B. K. Park, R. H. Song, S. B. Lee, T. H. Lim, S. J. Park, W. Jung, and J. W. Lee*
"Conformal bi-layered perovskite/spinel coating on a metallic wire network for solid oxide fuel cells via an electrodeposition-based route"
Journal of Power Sources, 348 (2017) 40-47. [click]
25. V. Metlenko, W. Jung, S. R. Bishop, H. L. Tuller and R. A. De Souza*
"Oxygen diffusion and surface exchange in the mixed conducting oxides SrTi1-yFeyO3-δ"
Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 18 (2016) 29495-29505. [click]
24. H.-S. Kim, A. Jang, S.-Y. Choi, W. Jung, and S.-Y. Chung*
“Vacancy-induced electronic structure variation of acceptors and correlation with proton conduction in perovskite oxides”
Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 55 (2016) 13499 –13503. [click]
23. S. Lee, J. Seo, and W. Jung*
"Sintering-resistant Pt@CeO2 nanoparticles for high-temperature oxidation catalysis"
Nanoscale, 8 (2016) 10219-10228. [click]
22. H. G. Seo, Y. Choi, B. Koo, A. Jang, and W. Jung*
"Robust nano-architectured composite thin films for a low-temperature solid oxide fuel cell cathode"
Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 4 (2016) 9394-9402. [click]
21. Y. Choi, E. C. Brown, S. M. Haile*, and W. Jung*
"Electrochemically modified, robust solid oxide fuel cell anode for direct-hydrocarbon utilization"
Nano Energy, 23 (2016) 161-171. [click]
20. N. W. Kwak, and W. Jung*
"Analysis of the grain boundary conductivity of singly and doubly doped CeO2 thin films at elevated temperature"
Acta materialia, 108 (2016) 271-278. [click]
19. H. J. Choi, E. C. Jeon, T. J. Je, J.H. Kim, D. H. Choi, B. S. Shin, W. C. Jung, Y. H. Lee, "Ductile mode machining of the micro pattern made on YSZ
using ultra-precision shaping with a diamond tool" Journal of the Korean Physical Society, 67, 11 (2015), 1961. [click]
18. W. Jung, J-J Kim, H. L. Tuller, "Investigation of nanoporous platinum thin film fabricated by reactive sputtering: Application as micro-SOFC
electrode" Journal of Power Sources, 275 (2015) 860-865. [click]
17. W. Jung, Y-J. Chang, K-Z. Fung, S.M. Haile, "High electrochemical activity of Bi2O3-based composite SOFC cathodes" Journal of the Korean
Ceramic Society, 51 (2014) 278-282. [click]
16. W. Jung, K.L. Gu, Y. Choi, and S.M. Haile, "Robust nanostructures with exceptionally high electrochemical reaction activity for high temperature fuel cell electrodes" Energy & Environmental Science, 7 (2014) 1685-1692. [click]
15. T.S. Oh, Y.S. Tokpanov, Y. Hao, W. Jung, and S.M. Haile, "Determination of optical and microstructural parameters of ceria films" Journal of
Applied Physics, 112 (2012) 103535. [click]
14. W. Jung, J.O. Dereux, W.C. Chueh, Y. Hao, and S.M. Haile, "High electrode activity of nanostructured, columnar ceria films for solid oxide fuel cells,"
Energy & Environmental Science, 5 (2012) 8682-8689. [click]
13. Y. Chen, W. Jung, Z. Cai, J.J. Kim, H.L. Tuller, and B. Yildiz, “Impact of Sr segregation on the electronic structure and oxygen reduction activity of
SrTi1-xFexO3 surfaces,” Energy & Environmental Science, 5 (2012) 7979-7988. [click]
12. E.C.C. Souza, W.C. Chueh, W. Jung, E.N.S. Muccilloa, and S.M. Haile, “Ionic and electronic conductivity of nanostructured, samaria-doped ceria”
Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 159 (2012) K127-K135. [click]
11. W.C. Chueh, Y. Hao, W. Jung, and S.M. Haile, “High electrochemical activity of the oxide phase in model ceria-Pt and ceria-Ni composite anodes”
Nature Materials, 11 (2012) 155-161. [click]
10. W. Jung and H.L. Tuller, “Investigation of surface Sr segregation in model thin film solid oxide fuel cell perovskite electrodes”
Energy & Environmental Science, 5 (2012) 5370-5378. [click]
9. W. Jung and H.L. Tuller, “A new model describing solid oxide fuel cell cathode kinetics: Model thin film SrTi1-xFexO3-δ mixed conducting oxides –
a case study,” Advanced Energy Materials, 1 (2011) 1184-1191. [click]
8. C. Solis, W. Jung, H.L. Tuller, and J. Santiso, “Defect structure, charge transport mechanisms, and strain effects in Sr4Fe6O12+δ epitaxial thin films”
Chemistry of Materials, 22 (2010) 1452-1461. [click]
7. W. Jung, K. Sahner, A. Leung, and H.L. Tuller, “Acoustic wave-based NO2 sensor: Ink-jet printed active layer” Sensors and Actuators B-Chemical
141 (2009) 485-490. [click]
6. W. Jung and H.L. Tuller, “Impedance study of SrTi1-xFexO3-δ (x=0.05 to 0.80) mixed ionic-electronic conducting model cathode” Solid State Ionics,
180 (2009) 843-847. [click]
5. H.L. Tuller, S.J. Litzelman, and W. Jung, “Micro-ionics: next generation power sources” Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 11 (2009)
3023-3034, invited. [click]
4. W. Jung, J.L. Hertz, and H.L. Tuller, “Enhanced ionic conductivity and phase meta-stability of nano-sized thin film yttria-doped zirconia (YDZ),”
Acta Materialia, 57 (2009) 1399-1404. [click]
3. S.J. Litzelman, J.L. Hertz, W. Jung, and H.L. Tuller, “Opportunities and challenges in materials development for thin film solid oxide fuel cells”
Fuel Cells, 8 (2008) 294-302, invited. [click]
2. Y.S. Jung+, W. Jung+, H.L. Tuller, and C.A. Ross, “Nanowire conductive polymer gas sensor patterned using self-assembled block copolymer
lithography” Nano Letters, 8 (2008) 3776-3780, +: Y.S. Jung and W. Jung contributed equally to this work. [click]
1. W. Jung and H.L. Tuller, “Investigation of cathode behavior of model thin film SrTi1-xFexO3-δ (x = 0.35 and 0.5) mixed ionic-electronic conducting
electrodes” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 155 (2008) B1194-B1201. [click]
4. W. Jung and H.L. Tuller, “Investigation of cathode kinetics in SOFC: Model thin film SrTi1-xFexO3-δ mixed conducting oxides” ECS Transactions, 35
3. Y. Chen, W. Jung, Y. Kuru, H.L. Tuller, and B. Yildiz, “Chemical, electronic and nanostructure dynamics on Sr(Ti1-xFex)O3 thin-film surfaces at
high temperatures” ECS Transactions, 35 (2010) 2409-2416.
2. W. Jung and H.L. Tuller, “Investigation of cathode behavior and surface chemistry of model thin film SrTi1-xFexO3-δ electrode” ECS Transactions,
25 (2009) 2775-2782.
1. H.L. Tuller, W. Jung, and K. Haga, “Investigation of cathode behavior of model thin film SrTi1-xFexO3-δ mixed ionic-electronic conducting electrodes”
Materials Research Society Symposium Proceedings Boston, 1126 (2008) 3-13.